August 16, 2007


We have now been in Colorado for a full week! Woo-hoo! On August 7 the boys and Ben went with their Poppa (Ben's dad) to the Astro's game to celebrate Cole and Ben's birthday's. It was their last big night in Texas. We woke up at 5:30 on Wednesday morning and said our good-byes to Nana, Poppa, and Nanny, then we began our road trip to Colorado. We only made it to Amarillo by Wednesday evening, and Ben already had a hotel reservation for us. I am not used to long distance driving, and after 10 hours on the road I was VERY ready for a bed! We slept well, and woke up Thursday morning to finish the trip. We arrived in Aurora, CO around 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon. Melissa met us at Wal-green's so we could follow her to our new house. Even though we were totally exhausted, Ben was not going to be able to sleep until the truck was unloaded. Melissa had called a few of her friends, and they came over to help us unload. We got the truck unloaded, which was packed from front to back, and that was a load off of Ben's shoulders. As we unloaded the truck, the neighbors came over to introduce themselves, and the kids began making friends. Our neighbors have a boy who is 7 (Jacob's age) and a girl who is 5 (Annalisa's age). They have been outside playing every day since we moved in! We have a park in our neighborhood that is within walking distance, and we have been there a couple of times. The stores that we need to shop at are less than 5 miles from our house, and we are still not sure how to handle that! It is so convenient for them to be close by. The kids' school is 1/2 mile from the house and is very nice. The kids are on "C" track, so they start on Tuesday, Aug. 21. The kids (and I!) can't wait! It has been a long summer! I took Ben to the airport today so he could fly back to Longview. He has a wedding he is photographing in Joaquin this weekend, and the couple flew him in so he could still do it. However, after a few phone calls today I found out he was bumped off his flight from Dallas to Longview, (but received $250 in vouchers---the same thing happened to me when I was flying home from Vegas) moved to the flight from Dallas to Shreveport...then that flight was delayed due to thunderstorms that started when they boarded the plane! He has had a long day at airports! He got to the Denver airport at 12:30 and was supposed to arrive in Shreveport at 10 pm, but that was postponed. I spent the day trying to organize things in the house and garage....and I still have a LONG way to go! We are very happy here, and Ben already has a job--- he has started working with Melissa's neighbor. It is good to know we will already be making some money! We are loving the weather too!


Michael said...

I'm glad that you got there safely and that everything is working out. We'll have to plan a trip up there soon to see your new house.

Melissa said...

hey, your weather girl still shows that you're in tx. better change her, because i guarentee the weather is a heck of a lot better here than there!