August 18, 2010

Benjamin Is One!

One year ago today I was HUGE and ready to have a new baby in my arms--not my belly!  One year ago today I was scared and excited at the same time.  One year ago today I was the mother to 3 beautiful children and anticipating the arrival of our 4th.  One year ago today I heard Benjamin's cry for the first time, felt his soft skin against mine and looked into his beautiful blue eyes. One year ago today I became the mother of 3 boys!  One year ago today I didn't know how happy one little boy's smile could make me every morning! One year ago today I didn't know how very blessed our family would be from the addition of one new life!  One year ago today I held my Benjamin in my arms for the first time and it felt good!  One year ago today I listened as the doctors told me that my baby had to be on oxygen and under the lights because he was jaundiced.  One year ago today I listened as the doctors told me my baby boy needed a blood transfusion and a blood exchange.  One year ago today I wondered how long my baby would be in the NICU before I could take him home.  One year ago today I delivered, loved, and prayed for my new son.  
This morning I woke up to his little cry and asked Ben to bring him to me.  He carried him to me with a pitiful look on his face as he said, "He threw up all over himself and his bed."  Oh! My poor baby!  I quickly took him to the bathtub to clean him up while Ben stripped his bed of all sheets and blankets and took them to the washing machine.  After I bathed him he fell asleep in my arms and slept most of the day on my bed as I sat next to him doing bible study and knitting.  All the while I was watching my sweet boy and wishing he didn't feel so bad on his birthday!  He has grown and changed so much over the past year! He started walking at 10 months and he has been 'on-the-go' since then.  He loves balls, Toy Story, and water!  The only fruit we have discovered that he doesn't like is grapefruit, and he is pretty much smiling all the time.  I love my Benjamin!!!
I made a slideshow of his 1st year, but it won't let me post it....so if you click the picture below it should take you to the slideshow. Hope you enjoy!!!

Benjamin's 1st Year

1 comment: