September 1, 2006

Six Flags---Denver



After we left Kansas City, we traveled for another 10 hours to Parker, Colorado to see Jimmy and Melissa. Parker is a beautiful city outside of Denver and we really enjoyed being there for the 4 days we were there. The weather was great, and I even had waffles being served to me when I walked in the door! Who could ask for more? On Sunday, after church, we hit up McDonald's and then took a trip to Six Flags Elitch Gardens. The first thing we did was the waterpark, but there were about 1 bazillion (that's a scrabble word) people there, and the water was a bit chilly, but we had a blast. After we were done playing in the water, we took the kids to ride the kiddie rides. I think they really had a blast. They rode every ride that they could ride, and some they rode twice. They hugged the Looney Toon's characters and they got to see a parade. Jacob and Peyton became fast friends and made each other sick on the teacups! It was really hilarious to watch. I wish I had made a video of it, but I didn't know it was going to be that funny! Emily doesn't care for the Looney Toon's characters, but we saw them performing a show and she didn't mind watching them from afar in her momma's arms. Ben enjoyed sitting on the sidelines waiting to move to the next ride, and he found the one ride that Melissa really enjoyed. I posted a video of her riding it in an earlier blog entry. As the sign says, "Not to see Denver...Elitch's is not to see"
Sunday, July 23, 2006


2 comments:

Melissa said...

We did have fun! I'm just wondering where the pics of the Cabbage Patch kid are....those were classic!

Caci said...

I still have them I think! She was a real live Cabbage Patch kid, wasn't she? And thanks to Ben for "posing" so we could get pics of her!