May 14, 2007

What Was That?

I think it is hilarious when my students ask me if they can go to the "Lie Berry" for a book. I always say to them, "It isn't a 'lie berry'. It's not a fruit!" After having said this so many times, I was laughing with my lady friends that I eat with on Wednesday nights. They are also teachers and have said that they feel the same way about the word "lie berry". We got to joking and I said that next time I go to Sonic I am going to ask for a "lie berry" ocean water. I wonder if the people working will get it, or if they will even ask what a "lie berry" is...but, it is funny to me!


On another note.....Ben has been umpiring games out at the ballpark and making some pretty good money. It is fun to watch him because he is very animated and very loud when he makes his calls. It is good, though because I am so tired of having umpires on the field who never make a sound when someone gets thrown out. I always wonder if the player is safe or out....with Ben making the calls, there is no wondering!





Ben has been diligently trying to finish up our house so we can sell it. It is time for us to move on to something bigger and better.....well, BIGGER at least! I hope it is better! I love our house and we have been here 9 years now, but we are too big for this little starter home. This past weekend Ben put a covered deck on the front of the house, and I think it looks pretty darn good. I am hoping we will have our house on the market by the end of this month, and I also hope it sells quickly.

No comments: