September 16, 2007

Fatburger

Some of you may remember a post I wrote a while back about mine and Windy's visit to a local Dairy Queen. Our order wasn't correct when we got home, and more than that the guy behind the counter offered Windy some Nacho Cheese to go with her steak fingers. That was a pretty hilarious time for us, and as I went to dinner tonight with my kids I was reminded of that day. I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner, and they unanimously said, "Fatburger". I had a few extra dollars, and Ben is out of town, so I thought I would take them out for dinner. When I got there I began to order. First I ordered a Baby Fatburger deal. I said, "....and on that burger I want mayonnaise and ketchup only." (The sign says ALL burgers come with lettuce, pickles, relish, mayonnaise, mustard and tomatoes). So the guy looks at me and seriously says, "so you don't want the bun?" as if the bun were an add-on. I said, "yes, I want the bun, AND the meat and mayonnaise and ketchup...but NO vegetables." Ok....so I guess we got that straight. Then I say, "I also want JUST a Baby Fatburger.....mustard, lettuce and tomatoes." By "Just a Baby Fatburger" I meant I only wanted the burger and NOT the meal. Then I said I wanted a Fatburger meal "with mustard all the way." Then I realized they put relish on their burgers, so I said, "no, I don't want the relish." Well, that totally threw the guy off and he couldn't figure out how to make the order be "no relish" now that he had already run it through. So, he called over another employee, who then says "well, you ordered a Fatburger with mustard only." I said, "No, I said mustard all the way." They looked at me like "well? mustard all the way means mustard all over the burger right?" I said, "Look, I'm not from here, but in Texas mustard all the way means mustard with everything that comes on the burger." Oh, well that was new to them. So, the guy rings up my order and I pay....I was thinking it was awfully expensive for what I ordered so I looked at the ticket. He charged me for 2 Baby Fatburger meals and 1 Fatburger meal, even though I only ordered 1 Baby Fatburger meal. Oh well, I had already paid and I knew the kids would eat the fries and drink the drink, so I figured what the heck? Then I got to my table and started reading the ticket again. Under the 2nd Baby Fatburger meal it said "No Bun". What? So, apparently when I said "Just a Baby Fatburger" that meant just the meat. Who are these people and did they graduate from high school? I walked up to the counter and asked the guy who took my order if I could talk to him about my ticket. I told him how it said "No Bun" at which point the other guy came up and cut me off saying "you want the bun, right?" I said "yes I do." He pointed to the other guy and said, "He is from around here but he is sort of slow." He said it right in front of him! And seriously it was the truth! So, they brought all of the burgers on buns, but when I got mine it was mustard no vegetables. So, I had to send it back to get my lettuce, tomatoes onions and pickles. At that point I was a little nervous to eat my food, thinking that maybe they had spit on it or something!

1 comment:

Windy Smith said...

WEll I have been trying to leave you a message forever. I just now got it to open.. I guess something was wrong with the server or something. That is hillarious..I guess they have a lot of people order burgers with no bread! I guess they get the kind of employees they pay for.