April 3, 2006

Look Caci, My Refrigerator Is Clean!


Now, I must start this post by saying that I LOVE my Windy! I love going to her house for some girly visits. I love letting our kids play together. I love eating the food that she so graciously provides when my family shows up EVERY Saturday! So, now I can tell you that on some occasions (VERY RARE) I have been known to help her clean around the house. Sometimes it would be clothes that needed to be put in the dryer and then folded. Sometimes it would be dishes that maybe hadn't been washed. Sometimes it is helping put away all the kids' toys after my kids have helped make a disaster at her house. But ONE time it was the refrigerator. I think I liked it better when she had the refrigerator locked so the kids couldn't get in it! I thought, being the Caring Caci that I am, that I would help out Wonderful Windy because she had some things in her refrigerator that just didn't need to be in the world of the living any longer. I know that we all push the refrigerator cleaning out job to the last on our list, because honestly...who cares? I used Fantastic Green on the shelves only to practically get high from lack of oxygen inside the refrigerator. I found out soon enough that I needed to come out regularly for deep breaths of clean air. Windy was cooking and laughing at me, constantly telling me how much she loves me and appreciates me! Yeah, right! She was just glad that I am so anal I felt the NEED to clean the refrigerator. I wanted to give up when I picked up the Hershey's chocolate bottle that had fallen over and completely relieved itself of all syrup on the bottom two shelves....but NO I kept going because my mom taught me that a job worth doing is a job worth doing well! So, I finished up and I think I told Wonderful Windy something like this, "Caring Caci won't be all that caring if she comes over soon and finds this refrigerator in a mess again!" No, not really, but when we went to Windy's house on Saturday and the first thing she asked me was whether or not I had seen her refrigerator and freezer I almost screamed. Only she wanted me to see it because she had done such a Wonderful job of keeping it clean and neat. So wonderful in fact that I was extremely proud of her and wanted to post pics for all to see.....Windy's freezer and refrigerator meet my standards!!! I LOVE YOU WINDY!!! No, I am not for hire!

5 comments:

Windy Smith said...

I was Very, Very gracious to Caring Caci that she loves me so much to clean that nasty thing. I had just benn putting it off because quite frankly I was scared of what I might find! But she did eat well that night and might have gotten some sort of surprise from a store that we might have gone to. I have been know to do those kinds of things from time to time. So, I think I thanked her for a job well done.

Caci said...

yes, I did earn a pretty green sweater vest after all my toil!

Patti said...

You girls must really love each other. I just stopped opening Windy's refrigerator...too afraid I'd lose some fingers or that something would grab me and pull me in. Really...I am truly proud of the way you two help each other!!!

Windy Smith said...

I know that you are really proud of me for keeping my frig clean for so long but come on. How long must we look at it!

Caci said...

yeah yeah yeah...lay off! I only publish on the weekends...your mom has been working my butt off at school! I love you AP!