October 16, 2008

The Patriots

BubbleShare: Share photos

Last night Cole was in his 5th grade play, The Patriots. He said that they only perform this play once every 4 years, and we were lucky enough to get to see it! Cole was very excited about his costume for Benjamin Franklin! He did a really great job with his dancing, singing and reciting of lines. It is so fun for me to watch him perform because he used to be so shy and I never would have thought he would get up in front of people and perform. There were 2 performances yesterday--one at 8:30 in the morning for the school and one at 6:30 in the evening for parents. I went to get Cole from our house after I got off work--(sidenote: I saw what Ben and Brian had been working on! They almost finished putting all of the lights in the upstairs, and they started putting up the walls for my walk-in closet! It looks soooo good, and I am soo excited!)

When I got to the house there was screaming coming from upstairs, and Annalisa met me on the stairs telling me that Cole had splinters in his hands. I got up there and saw Brian trying his best to get splinters out of Cole's finger. Brian really stepped up to the plate--Ben doesn't do anything that might cause blood to flow, so he basically just told Cole to figure it out on his own. I am glad I got there when I did, but I did have to cut his fingers open a bit in order to get out the HUGE splinters that were deeply buried in his fingers. Apparently he had been skateboarding and flew into the fence...which he informed me has "bad wood".

I guess this just proves Jacob point....you see, a few days ago when Jacob got in trouble at school, I told him he was grounded. Later that day he asked me if he could skateboard, and I said "No....that sounds like fun, and you are grounded from doing fun things." Jacob promptly told me that skateboarding isn't fun because he falls and gets hurt, and sometimes people laugh at him when he falls, and that really isn't fun! After I saw the splinters in Cole's finger I decided that maybe Jacob was right....skateboarding can't possibly be fun....I will use it as punishment next time they are in trouble!


1 comment:

Windy Smith said...

Cole is a dancing machine! He did a great job. I love Jacob's logic...Who knew you were torturing him all those times you took him to the skate park...You will know where to take him for his next punishment